Nice one to our 500 Cards Club who were featured in the Herald this week (see attached). As always, new members are welcome along to 500 Cards Club…and what a lovely way to while away a Thursday afternoon when it is this cold! For what’s coming up next week, please click here
ON NEXT WEEK
- ** Churton Park Photography Group ** - Tuesday 19th June, 7.30pm. This month the group will be sharing their assignments: (1) Finding the letter "X" and showcasing it in the best way they can. (2) Capturing "a Portrait of a stranger on the street". (3) Images of different "Rainbows" (light spectrum's) that they can capture. New members of any skill level are very welcome to join – please contact me for further details.
- ** Acoustic Guitar Lessons ** - guitar lessons with professional musician, Phil Hope, are held every Wednesday afternoon between 3.30-5.30pm (term time). Classes are for children aged 8+ and adults, they are small (maximum 4), and very reasonably priced. To enrol or just chat about your requirements, please contact Phil: email@example.com or 021 0231 9783.
- ** Early Explorers ** - great to see so many bubs and caregivers trying out our new playgroup for under 18 month olds on Wednesday afternoons between 1.30 – 2.30pm. This week’s theme was “Sparkle!” and next week’s theme is “Pop!” I’ll post more information on our Facebook page once it comes to hand!
COMING SOON – MARK YOUR CALENDARS
- ** SPCA Adopt-a-thon ** - for those of you who are new to Churton Park, the SPCA runs a monthly Adopt-a-thon at CPCC on the last Saturday of every month, where cats and kittens come to CPCC to see if they can find their forever homes. The next event is on Saturday 26th August, so if you are in the market for a new fur-friend, mark your calendar!
- ** Art of Interiors ** - Ever wondered how interior designers do it? Grab your friends and come along to the Art of Interiors - a fun-filled evening at CPCC where you'll learn tips and hints to make your house a haven and create spaces that you and your friends will love! With advice and help on hand from an interior designer, an artist and a professional organiser, how can you go wrong? Wednesday 3rd September 7.30 - 9.30pm. Just $10 to attend. Book via email: christina@thecompletepicture.
co.nz. See attached for more details.
- ** Churton Park Photography Club End of Year Exhibition ** - I’ve just heard the exciting news that our Photography Club are planning an end of year exhibition at Simmer Café on November 25th. There will be the opportunity to peruse and purchase images created over the course of the year. It should be awesome, there is some serious talent in this group!
EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST
- ** Kids Birthday Parties at CPCC ** - Planning a kids birthday party in the next few months? We have spaces available for weekend and after school parties from September through to November. And if you can't face the whole 'catering and entertainment' stress, we can help with that too, with contacts for plenty of local businesses who can help with cakes, party food and wonderful kids entertainment ideas! Give me a call on 830 4802 or firstname.lastname@example.org to inquire about dates.
- ** Semi-Commercial Kitchen at Amesbury School ** - Did you know that we have our own semi-commercial kitchen right here in Churton Park, at Amesbury School? Details about the kitchen are featured in this week's Independent Herald! If you know someone ready to take the leap from home-based cottage industry into a more commercially based operation, you might like to let them know! It would be great to see more small businesses achieve success in our suburb. To inquire, contact the school office on 477 3423.
- ** Calling all Loom Band Addicts! ** - Tawa Library will be hosting a Loom band meet & swap - Bring your loom board, materials and ideas. Watch YouTube instructional videos and share your ideas with others. Friday 22 August @6.30 - 7.30pm.
- ** Tawa Bowls Club Open Month ** - a reminder that Tawa Bowling Club is open every Sunday in August so come in and have a go! From 10am – 12pm in Davies Street, Tawa. For more information, contact Lynda on 232 8898.
- ** Johnsonville Toy Library Preschooler Disco ** - got a tot who likes to boogie? Bring them along to the Johnsonville Toy Library Preschooler Jungle Disco on Saturday 13th September 3 – 5pm at the Johnsonville Community Centre Hall. See attached for more details.
- ** WW1 Community Funding Projects ** - Wellingtonians who want to mark their local World War One Centenary connections can apply for funding from the Wellington City Council. They are looking for ideas in which people can share their WWI stories through: Community Arts and Performances, community murals, exhibitions and displays, talks, tours and community events. Email email@example.com or Call Mark Farrar (04) 803 8525 or Phil Railton-Jacks (04) 803 8562 .
- ** Pamper your Pet ** - Village Vets are running a special springtime pamper your pet promotion. So if your pooch or puss is looking a little worse for winter wear, check out the attached special deals!
To keep up to date with what’s on at CPCC throughout the week, you can follow us on Facebook (www.facebook.com/
ChurtonParkCommunityCentre). It’s publically available, so you can view it even if you don’t belong to Facebook.
Have a great weekend