There are still spots available in tomorrow’s Self-Defence Workshop from 3 – 5.30pm. Just $60 for one adult and two kids. Contact Patricia to book: 0272976049 or email@example.com. For what’s coming up next week, please click here.
ON NEXT WEEK
· ** Drop in Clinic with Hon. Hekia Parata ** - Tuesday 16th September 11.30 – 12.15. Meet senior Government representative, the Honourable Hekia Parata, Minister of Education and Acting Minister of Ethnic Affairs. Drop in and discuss any issues or questions you might have and take the opportunity to meet National Ohariu candidate, Brett Hudson.
· ** Ukulele Lessons Re-Starting ** - I’m so delighted to let you know that our Churton Park Ukulele Ensemble with the lovely Carole will be re-starting again on Tuesday from 1-2pm. $2 koha to cover the room, and please bring your own ukulele. If you are new to lessons and would like to join you are most welcome, please get in touch with me for more information.
· ** Photography Club ** - our Photography Club meets on the third Tuesday of every month from 7.30 – 9.30pm. This month it is the 16th of September and the group will be looking at Shadows - normally something you try to avoid! This month we are capturing them as the feature of the photo. Also: Illusions - trying to make photos of perception. Once again we are all looking forward to seeing our personal best photos of the month. New members are always welcome, regardless of ability. Please get in touch with me at the Centre for more information.
· ** Zumba Gold ** - wind down into the weekend with great music, great company and good fun at Joy’s Friday afternoon Zumba Gold class from 1 – 2pm. Just $5 to participate, registrations not required.
COMING SOON – MARK YOUR CALENDARS
· ** School Holidays ** - New classes have been added – Origami Magic and Knitting Looms (see attached for further details on these fun and creative classes!).
See the full programme below, and get in touch with me directly to book (830 4802 firstname.lastname@example.org):
Monday 29 Sept: Funclay: Farm Animals 10am – 12pm $15 SOLD OUT
Tuesday 30 Sept: Taekwon-do Fun! 11.05am $9
Wednesday 1 Oct: Funclay: Sylvanian Animals 10am – 12pm $15 1 SPACE LEFT
Friday 3 Oct: Knitting Loom
10 – 11.30am $15
Monday 6 Oct: Fondant Characters 11.30am – 2.30pm $30 2 SPACES LEFT
Tuesday 7 Oct: Halloween Chocolates 11.30am – 2.30pm $30 3 SPACES LEFT
Wednesday 8 Oct: Brain Bunny Creative Writing 1.30 – 4.30pm $35
· ** Safe Driving Classes for Seniors ** - How well do you know the road rules? Join us at CPCC in October for a workshop that aims to maintain and improve safe driving practices for senior road users. Sessions are two hours long and will run on Wednesday 15th October (10-12pm) or Tuesday 22nd October (10-12pm). Space is limited and bookings are essential through Age Concern phone: 499 6646. Workshop costs $10 including booklet and hand outs.
· ** Free CPR Classes ** - Wellington Free Ambulance will be running two free CPR sessions in October to get you up to speed with assisting someone in cardiac arrest, including the use of a defibrillator. This is especially timely as our Community Centre Defibrillator was used just a few weeks ago. Sessions are on Wednesday 22nd October from 11.30 – 1pm or 7.00 – 8.30pm. Register with me – 830 4802 email@example.com.
EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST
· ** Social English Sessions ** - Do you have a parent, friend or neighbour who would benefit from learning English via conversation in a relaxed, social and non-pressured environment? We will be starting Social English sessions at CPCC on Friday mornings from mid-October. We would love to get the word out there to people who have English as a second language, are home during the day and who would really benefit this type of session. If this is you, or someone you know please watch this space – more information will be coming closer to the time
· **Pre-Christmas Pop Up Shops ** - your final opportunity to get involved in the pre-Christmas Pop Up Shop Series – we have spaces left on Friday November 7th or Friday December 5th. Get in touch with me to discuss further.
· ** Churton Park Kindy Quiz Night ** - Have you got what it takes to take home some fabulous prizes? Sunday 2nd November 7pm at 1841 Bar. Tickets $10 pp. Secure your team by firstname.lastname@example.org.
· ** Remembering the way we were ** - Join us for a morning of recollections from the past 70 years in Wellington’s history as we browse photos from the libraries archive collection. Please bring a favourite keepsake from this time with for a “show and tell”. There will be a musical performance to entertain us while we are enjoying a light morning tea. Date: Wednesday 1 October 2014. Time: 10am-11.30am. Where: Wellington Central Library, Mezzanine Floor (accessed from the foyer by stairs or North end foyer lifts). For more information contact Anna-Marie.Miller@wcc.govt.nz or call 803 8330.
· ** 50’s Forward News & Views ** - If you belong to a group or club and have an upcoming event in support of older people that you would like to advertise, please forward the information to Helen email@example.com to include it in the next 50s Forward Newsletter.
· ** Pan Pacific and South East Asian Women’s Association Fundraising Dinner ** - The PPSEAWA is having a Dinner on the 11th October 2014 at Pines. It is going to an awesome night with lots of fun for everyone. We are funding projects that are gaining traction and progressing well. They are all home grown community projects and require continual support. We are proud to be part of the solution. See attached for more information.
FROM TAWA COMMUNITY CENTRE
** Spring into Tawa Market Day ** - The Tawa Trivia Trail is happening tomorrow at the Spring into Tawa Market Day, Saturday 13 September from 9am-12.30pm. This is a fun event for the whole family, and should take no longer than 45 minutes to complete. Worksheets can be completed on the day and can be collected from the Community Centre, Library or the pool. Remember to visit the Tawa Recreation Centre stand and Community Centre on the day for your final activities and prize giving. Easy.
To keep up to date with what’s on at CPCC throughout the week, you can follow us on Facebook (www.facebook.com/
ChurtonParkCommunityCentre). It’s publically available, so you can view it even if you don’t belong to Facebook.
Have a great weekend!