Thanks to the generosity of local gardener, Sushma Brunt, who bought in spare dahlia bulbs to share with the community. These have now all gone to new homes! If you have spare goodies from your garden that you would like to share with the community, feel free to bring them in to CPCC for re-distribution! There’s lots in our “Coming Soon” section this week, with many term four classes now open for enrolment. For what’s coming up next week, please clickhere.
ON NEXT WEEK
· ** Thursday Walking Group ** - the days are getting longer and early evening is starting to stretch out, so why not join our Thursday evening walking group for a local walk once a week. Meet at the Centre for a 7pm-sharp departure.
· ** SPCA Adopt-a-pet ** - the SPCA will be at Churton Park Community Centre next Saturday from 12 – 3pm. Could your next fur-friend be amongst the cats and kittens that they’ll have available for adoption?
COMING SOON – MARK YOUR CALENDARS
· ** School Holidays ** - See the full programme below, and get in touch with me directly to book (830 4802 email@example.com):
Monday 29 Sept: Funclay: Farm Animals 10am – 12pm $15 FULL
Monday 29 Sept: Puppet Theatre Workshop 11am – 3pm $36 4 SPACES LEFT
Tuesday 30 Sept :Taekwon-do Fun! 11.05 – 11.50am $9
Wednesday 1 Oct: Funclay: Sylvanian Animals 10am – 12pm $15FULL
Wednesday 1 Oct: Origami Magic 11.30 - 1.30pm $10
Friday 3 Oct: Knitting Loom 10 – 11.30am $15 6 SPACES LEFT
Monday 6 Oct: Fondant Characters 11.30am – 2.30pm $30 FULL
Tuesday 7 Oct: Halloween Chocolates 11.30am – 2.30pm $30 1 SPACE LEFT
Wednesday 8 Oct: Brain Bunny Creative Writing 1.30 – 4.30pm $35 2 SPACES LEFT
· ** Churton Park Craft Market ** - make a note of Friday 14thNovember from 5 – 8pm for the famous Churton Park Christmas Craft Market. Applications for stalls selling handmade craft are welcome before 30th September. Contactchurtonparkcraftmarket@gmail.
com to apply.
· ** Fairy Dance Term Four Classes ** - Term Four for Fairy Dance runs Saturday 18th October - 13 December. There will be 2 class groups next term to accommodate individual capabilities more specifically, and fully enhance development and potential at a stronger level.
o 10.05am 3 ½ to 5 year olds = Pre-Primary (First level Royal Academy of Dance Ballet)
o 10.30am 2 to 3 ½ year olds = Bubby Ballerinas
Fees are $99 per term, or $15 per casual class. Enrolment either via website enquiry form on www.fairydance.co.nz, call 027 8900164 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
· ** Monday Lunchtime Yoga with Diane ** - Mondays 12:00 to 1:00pm. Starting 13th October, for 8 weeks until 8th December, NO Class on Labour Day. Book your space with Diane by 8th October 0274 210 775 (ph/txt) email@example.com.
· ** Beginners Yoga with Diane ** - A gentle yoga class for beginners or students who are returning to yoga after a break away due to injury, illness or simply a lack of time. Working mindfully during these classes we honour our body and work within our own natural limits. Tuesdays 6.15 - 7.15pm, starting on October 14th – December 9th. Book your space with Diane by 8th October 0274 210 775 (ph/txt) firstname.lastname@example.org.
· ** Creative Expressions Term Four ** - Monday 13th October – 24th November 1.30pm – 3.30pm. We will be making quilted Christmas table runners, plus learning how to crochet, flowers and a few little things. We will also continue knitting little garments for “Little Sprouts” - we are getting quite a little pile of them at the moment! The cost is a gold coin to cover the room hire. We have a selection of tools and fabrics to start but the ladies of our group will need to provide their own Christmas fabrics as we haven’t many. Register your interest with Daphne:email@example.com
· ** Social English Sessions ** - starting Friday October 17that 10am. Improve your social English skills. Join us every Friday at Churton Park Community Centre to practice conversational English in a friendly and relaxed environment. $2 koha, complimentary tea and coffee.
· ** Safe Driving Classes for Seniors ** - How well do you know the road rules? Join us at CPCC in October for a workshop that aims to maintain and improve safe driving practices for senior road users. Sessions are two hours long and will run on Wednesday 15th October (10-12pm) or Tuesday 22nd October (10-12pm). Space is limited and bookings are essential through Age Concern phone: 499 6646. Workshop costs $10 including booklet and hand outs.
· ** Free CPR Classes ** - Wellington Free Ambulance will be running two free CPR sessions in October to get you up to speed with assisting someone in cardiac arrest, including the use of a defibrillator. This is especially timely as our Community Centre Defibrillator was used just a few weeks ago. Sessions are on Wednesday 22nd October from 11.30 – 1pm or 7.00 – 8.30pm. Register with me – 830 4802 firstname.lastname@example.org.
· ** Otari-Wilton’s Bush open day on this Saturday ** - Mayor Celia Wade-Brown will open the new Leonard Cockayne Centre at 9.30am with the plant sale starting at 10am. Join our Otari guides to hear some of the more macabre stories about New Zealand native plants this Saturday at the annual Otari-Wilton’s Bush open day. Do you know which plants can poison, maim and kill?
· ** Easy Moves in Churton Park ** - Check out Easy Moves from Easy Swim, for a PMP-based programme on Saturday mornings for 3-4 year olds right here in Churton Park at Amesbury School. See their website for more info: www.easy-moves.co.nz.
FROM NEWLANDS COMMUNITY CENTRE
** Kids Cooking Classes ** - Local Master Chef NZ contestant Elizabeth Marshall is hosting five sessions of Kids Cooking classes at Newlands Community Centre. To book contact 4773724, details as following:
· Muffin Master: learn how to bake your own muffins using different kinds of fruit! Monday 29th Sept 2.30-4.30 (age 10-12), Tuesday 30 Sept 9.30-11.30 (age 7-9), Tuesday 7th Oct 9.30 - 11.30 (age 5-6)
· Mince Madness - Bolognaise: Learn how to make amazing mince dishes to wow your family! Monday 6th Oct 2.30 -4.30 (age 7-9), Tuesday 7th Oct 2.30 -4.30 ( age 10-12)
All classes are $25 per child- ingredients included. Kids get to take home whatever they make and get a certificate for completing the class. Book quickly to avoid disappointment - spaces limited to 6 per class.
FROM TAWA COMMUNITY CENTRE
Ever thought about leaning the art of Japanese Drumming. There is an open day at the Tawa Community Centre on Saturday 4 October from 1-3pm. Everyone welcome.
To keep up to date with what’s on at CPCC throughout the week, you can follow us on Facebook (www.facebook.com/
ChurtonParkCommunityCentre). It’s publically available, so you can view it even if you don’t belong to Facebook.
Have a great weekend!