Now that we've been open for 3½ years, and with our roll fast approaching 180, we thought it a good time for a few reminders…
School Hours (9:00am - 3:00pm) School opens for students at 8.30am. To ensure the safety of all students, please do not send your child to school before this time as we cannot guarantee that staff are available to supervise them.
Before school care is available on site from 7.15 - 8.30am, and can be booked through Kelly Club.
School UniformUnless prior arrangements have been made with the school for non-regulation items to be worn, the Amesbury School uniform is:
- Amesbury School polo shirt (any one of the four available colours)
- Amesbury School fleece jacket
- Amesbury School sunhat (compulsory during term 1 & term 4)
- Amesbury School beanie or any brand plain black beanie
- Amesbury School, or any brand of plain black trousers, shorts, skirt or leggings (no colours/piping/logos, and no jeans)
- Any plain black long sleeved top for underneath polo shirt in cold weather
- Any suitable, practical shoes and socks/tights
- Amesbury sports shirt - required for all students representing the school at sports events (a limited number of tops may be available to hire at a small cost for ‘one-off’ events)
- Please contact the office before 9:00 am each day your child is going to be absent from school, by telephone (04 477 3423), email: email@example.com, or text (021 86 55 28)
- If you know in advance that your child will be away from school, please notify the school office and/or your child's whanau teacher.
- If your child has had any kind of stomach upset, they should not return to school unless there has been a minimum of 24 hours clear of any vomiting or diarrhea.
- If your child needs to receive medication whilst at school, please bring this to the office in a named bag and complete a medication administration form.
Car park safetyThe safety of all our students and their families is paramount. Our school roll is growing, which means the car park is likely to get more congested. We need the support of all our school families, caregivers, au pairs and anyone else who may be driving onto school grounds, to maintain our 0% accident rate.
- Please respect the maximum speed in the car park of 5 km per hour and follow the one-way direction, staying to the left of the median.
- If you do not intend to park, please ask your child to wait at the drop/pick up zone. Children should not wander through the car park to find you, but should wait for the traffic to move around until you can safely pick them up in the drop/pick up zone. Please move off from this zone promptly.
- The drop off zone is strictly a no parking zone. If you cannot see your child when you arrive in this zone, please park in an allocated space or do a loop and come back again.
- If all car park spaces are full, please park off site and walk to school grounds.
- Please do not park in areas not marked with a car park space, or park in an area that may block a child’s view of the road or driveway.
Key places to find informationThe Amesbury School Website has a wealth of information on our school and ways to stay informed with what’s happening. News articles & digests can be viewed through our Communications Hub, Blogs, Facebook and Twitter.
By admin Amesbury School