What a year it’s been! Thanks to each and every one of you for your contribution to your community and here’s looking forward to a fun and exciting 2015! CPCC will be shut from 2pm today (Friday 19th December) until 10am Tuesday 20th January. Don’t forget this closure includes Wellington Anniversary Day.
The Wednesday Walkers will continue to walk throughout the holidays, with the next walk on Wednesday 31st December. Meet in the Village car park at 9am for a 9.15 departure.
REGULAR CLASS SPOTLIGHT – Open Table Tennis Sessions
We hold two open table tennis sessions at Churton Park Community Centre each week – Tuesdays and Thursdays from 12 – 2pm. Players of all abilities are very welcome! $2 to play.
欢迎任何不同水平的爱好者参加。 周星期二和星期四的中午十二点到下午两点， 请捐两元。
Table Tennis sessions run every week for the full year, including our first week back – Tuesday 20th and Thursday 22nd January!
FIRST WEEK BACK - For further information and bookings on all classes, contact me at the Centre: 830 4802 or Beckie.email@example.com, unless otherwise stated.
· ** Pilates with Churton Park Physio ** - classes re-start on Wednesday 21stJanuary 6pm and Thursday 22nd January 9.30am.
· ** 360 Degree Fitness Mens Group Fitness Classes ** - classes re-start on Tuesday 20th January at 11am and Thursday 22nd January at 6.15am. Contactdavid@360degreefitness.co.nz
· ** Churton Park Ukulele Ensemble ** - lessons re-start on Tuesday 20thJanuary at 1pm.
· ** 500 Cards Club ** - sessions re-start on Thursday 22nd January.
· ** Thursday Evening Walking Group ** - first walk of the year on Thursday 22nd January.
· ** Zumba Gold with Joy ** - classes re-start on Friday 23rd January. Just $5 and registration is not required.
JANUARY SCHOOL HOLIDAYS – For further information on School Holiday Classes, please check out the CPCC Facebook page here
STOP PRESS: NEW ADDITION TO JANUARY SCHOOL HOLIDAY CLASSES:
· ** Arty Blox ** - Local artist, Michele Courage of Arty Blox, will be taking an Arty Blox class on Thursday 29th January from 10.30 - 12.30. This class will be beach themed. Places are strictly limited to 8 kids and costs $25 per child. Please book directly with Michele on firstname.lastname@example.org or 021 610 317. See attached
· ** Animated Story Telling & Kids Animation ** - Wellington Makerspace Trust will be bringing two fun and creative stop-motion animation classes to CPCC on Monday 26th January. There will be two age focused classes, bookings viawww.makerspacetrust.org/
· ** Introduction to 3D Printing ** - Learn about this exciting new technology in a workshop designed for students aged 10+. This introduction will be followed up by term-time practical workshops. Wednesday 28th January 10 - 11.30am. Book via http://www.fre3formd.co.nz/.
· ** Introduction to Guitar - Wednesday 28th January, 3.30 - 4.30pm. Phil Hope, our guitar tutor, will be hosting a free session to come down and check out his tuition methods and guitar playing skills. Phil can give you advice on what type of instrument to buy and answer any questions you or your child might have. FREE.
· ** Brain Bunny Creative Writing ** - Brain Bunny will be offering term-time after school classes at CPCC in 2015 for kids aged 8 - 12 years. Classes will run on Thursday afternoons from 4 - 5pm. A one-off trial class will take place on Thursday January 29th 10.30- 12pm so children and parents can come along and check out the class.
· ** Edible Craft ** - Rachel Williams will be back in January with another fun and creative edible class! Make your own edible gift and card for someone special in your life. We will bring all the supplies. All you need is yourself! We will be making cake pops and decorating cookies to wrap up for a special gift. We will also design beautiful homemade cards for you to add to your gift.
· ** Zumba Gold ** - due to very popular demand, Joy will be running an evening Zumba Gold class in 2015. Watch this space!
· ** Chinese Library Collection via CPCC ** - we are delighted to announce that from mid-February 2015, we will have a selection of Chinese language books available at CPCC for borrowing. This service will be available to anyone with a Wellington City Libraries Card and will run on Fridays after the Social English Sessions. You will be able to borrow books for 4 weeks and books can be returned either to CPCC or Johnsonville Library.
· ** Adults 3D Printing ** - Thanks to everyone who expressed interest, as a result I have confirmed an adults 3D Printing information evening and practical workshop for 2015. Please see the attached flyers for both sessions.
· ** Kids 3D Printing ** - We will also be running practical 3D Printing Workshops for kids aged 10+ in term one. This will be open to children who have completed the Introductory Session in the school holidays. See attached for further information, including how to enrol.
EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST
· ** Teaching School Holiday Classes ** - We now have a full schedule for the January school holidays, but if you are interested in running a creative, energetic, fun school holiday class at CPCC, please get in touch – we are now taking expressions of interest for the April 2015 School holidays and beyond.
· ** Churton Park Toastmasters – Successful Communicators and Leaders ** -Coming soon to Churton Park Community Centre: Toastmasters will be starting a Churton Park based Toastmaster Club in 2015. Toastmasters is an ideal way to gain confidence in public speaking and leadership through practice. It’s ideal for helping you manage that new promotion, coming across much better in a job interview, gaining confidence in giving presentations and leading meetings and developing leadership skills.
There are two possible times – Sunday afternoons from 2-4pm or Thursday evenings from 7.30-9.30. If you are interested in being kept in the loop with this group, please let me know – and let me know your preferred day and time.
· Here's a great Christmas holidays project - get planting so you can take part in the Little Sprouts Country Fair Green Thumb Competition in March next year. We support Little Sprouts at CPCC by taking donations of new baby clothes and equipment, which Little Sprouts re-distribute to newborn babies in need. Check them out at https://www.facebook.com/
To keep up to date with what’s on at CPCC throughout the week, you can follow us on Facebook (www.facebook.com/
ChurtonParkCommunityCentre). It’s publically available, so you can view it even if you don’t belong to Facebook.
Have a great Christmas!
Community Centre Advocate | | Wellington City Council
P 04 830 4802 | M 021 247 8741 | F
E Beckie.Duffy@wcc.govt.nz | W Wellington.govt.nz |