The KCA Book Fair is coming this weekend! This is a great opportunity to grab a stack of books for yourself and help out Kiwi Community Assistance at the same time. For more information on Kiwi Community Assistance, follow them on Facebook. This Book Fair has been almost exclusively organised by local ChurtonPark people, so please show your support on both Saturday and Sunday from 1 – 5pm.
For what’s coming up next week, please click here.
ON NEXT WEEK
- ** Gardening Club ** - Tuesday 4th March 2014 @ 7.30 – 9.00. This month’s topic: Planning for winter planting. In the first half hour Thérèse will give a short talk on the best things to be growing now. What, when and how much to grow. Then over a cup of tea an informal chat between the group members sharing gardening experiences. New members are welcome – contact Thérèse email@example.com to register. $10pp.
- ** Churton Park Ukulele Ensemble ** - if you have been thinking about taking up an instrument this year, why not the Ukulele? Our wonderful tutor Carole will help you get started. Tuesdays 1-2pm. Bring your own uke - $2pp.
- ** Yoga with Romina ** - Vinyasa Flow Yoga – strengthen, tone, relax on Thursdays from 6.00-6.55pm, starting 6th March. Register your interest by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or text/call Romina on 027 253 2534. Vinyasa flow is one of the most popular styles of yoga as it offers so much diversity. The poses are linked together so that you burn calories as well as strengthen, tone, and increase mobility. Vinyasa flow is appropriate to most levels, including beginners, and modifications are available to suit your abilities. Romina Roncato is a qualified professional yoga teacher. See www.rominaroncato.com for more. Classes cost: $12.00 per class or $10.00 per class for students and community card holders. Please bring cash to class. Sorry no EFTPOS facilities available. All prices include GST.
- ** Activities for babies and toddlers ** - we have Playsense Early Learning Playgroups on Tuesday mornings 10 – 11am for 18 months and under. Register with Poornima: email@example.com. For all under 5’s we have Music & Movement on Fridays 10 – 11.30am. Come along and join in for fun, learning and friendship.
- ** Evening Walking Group ** - make the most of the long summer nights (while they are still here!) and join our Thursday evening walking group. Departs from CPCC at 7pm sharp. Contact Vicky for more information: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- ** Churton Park Festival ** - don’t forget to mark Saturday 8th March in your calendar and come down to the Village from 4pm onwards to enjoy all sorts of fun activities, prizes, rides and entertainment all put on for you by your local community. I’ll have more information in next week’s newsletter about the awesome Scavenger Hunt that will be running – fantastic prizes are up for grabs!
COMING SOON – MARK YOUR CALENDARS
- ** Quest 4 Wellness March Seminar ** - Tuesday March 11th at 7.30pm. See the attached flyer for more details on this month’s event.
- ** Free CPR Sessions ** - places are still available on the two free CPR/Automated External Defibrillator courses being run on 10th March. One session is at 10.30am and the other is at 7.00pm. Both run for 90 minutes. Let me know if you’d like to attend.
- ** Little Sprouts ** - Churton Park Community Centre is now a drop off location for a great Wellington based charity – Little Sprouts! Little Sprouts are a registered charitable trust that gives away FOR FREE comprehensive and life changing packs of baby items to babies in real need. You can bring in baby items to donate to Little Sprouts during our opening hours. They pretty much accept donations of all items suitable for babies up to 1 year old, so long as they are in NEW or EXCELLENT CONDITION and aren’t too large (as we won’t have space to store them). If you have lots to donate email them at email@example.com and they might be able to pick up from you!
EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST
- ** Golf ** - a reminder that the Golf Group will be starting up on Thursday 13th March. Get in touch with me if you’d like to be part of this.
- ** Young Mothers Group ** - are there any young mums out there (under 25) who are interested in meeting with other young mums here at CPCC. Please get in touch if this sounds like something you would be interested in and if I get enough interest, we’ll start a group.
- Look out for the latest issue of the Churton Park Community Association Gazette in your letterbox, with all you need to know about the upcoming AGM.
- Great news for those of you needing postal services in Churton Park – New World have just installed a small scale NZ Post/Courier set-up. You’ll be able to buy postal and courier product and send from New World. Easy!
FROM NEWLANDS COMMUNITY CENTRE
A new yoga class is starting at Newlands Community Centre. Vinyasa Flow Yoga – strengthen, tone, relax. Tuesdays 9.15 -10.15am -starts 4 March, Saturdays 9.15 -10.15am 8 March. Text or call Romina 027 253 2534 or firstname.lastname@example.org $12.00 per class, $10.00 per class for students and community card holders.
To keep up to date with what’s on at CPCC throughout the week, you can follow us on Facebook (www.facebook.com/
ChurtonParkCommunityCentre). It’s publically available, so you can view it even if you don’t belong to Facebook.
Have a great weekend!