What you need to know about head lice:
- Head lice are animals that live on the scalp.
- Nits are the eggs of head lice.
- Lice can’t jump or fly from person to person. They can only crawl from head to head, or spread when children share combs, brushes, hats, and scarves.
- Head lice are easily treated at home.
- Head lice spread quickly, so report head lice to your child’s school or child care centre.
REMEMBER!Because live eggs hatch in 7-10 days, the key to success in getting rid of them is to repeat whatever treatment you settle on every three-four days for a couple of weeks. You can only break the cycle if you stop the newly hatched lice from laying eggs.
By Amesbury Office
Head Lice Life Cycle — by Amesbury Office