For what’s coming up next week, please click here.
REGULAR CLASS SPOTLIGHT – PILATES WITH CHURTON PARK PHYSIOTHERAPY
Churton Park Physiotherapy runs regular Pilates Core Stability Classes here at CPCC – Mondays and Thursday 9.30-10.30am and Wednesdays 6-7pm. All classes are taken by qualified physiotherapists. For a free 15 minute assessment and bookings, contact Churton Park Physiotherapy on 478 7010.
ON NEXT WEEK For further information and bookings on all classes, contact me at the Centre: 830 4802 or Beckie.email@example.com, unless otherwise stated.
· ** Creative Expressions ** - Our lovely craft group is winding up for 2014 and the last day will be this Monday 24th November. Pop along and join in for $2.
· ** Churton Park Photography Club End of Year Exhibition** - Tuesday 25th November, from 7pm at Simmer Café, Churton Park. This will be an opportunity to see and appreciate the talent and the achievements of this group in the past year. Examples of the students' work will be framed and available for sale –with opening night specials! For those of you curious about joining the Club, this could also be a great opportunity to get along and meet some of the members.
· ** Fairy Dance ** - the last day for Fairy Dance is Saturday November 29th. If you are interested in dance classes for your under 5 for 2015, visit the website at www.fairydance.co.nz.
COMING SOON – MARK YOUR CALENDARS
· ** KCA Giving Tree ** - we’ll be bringing back the KCA Giving Tree again this year from Monday 1st December. Simply pop in and select an ornament off the tree, purchase the gift for the gender and age stated and return it (unwrapped) to the Centre before Friday 12th December. Thank you in advance for your generosity!
· ** Christmas Craft Classes ** - Rachael has a number of classes coming up to teach you techniques for creating beautiful Christmas cards and boxes. See the attached flyers and book through the Centre:
o One Sheet Wonder Class – Tuesday 2nd December 9.30 – 11.30. Learn to make five gorgeous items using the One Sheet Technique. $25. Limited places.
o Kids Christmas Craft Class – Thursday 11th December 3.30 – 5pm. Great Christmas crafts for kids aged 5+. Adults can register for this class also. $20. Due to high demand, numbers have been extended for this class.
o Christmas Card Making - Friday 12th December 7 – 9pm . Learn the skills to make four exquisite Christmas cards then take home your work! Just $20 for four cards. Places are strictly limited.
· ** Kitchen Renovation Seminar ** - Sunday 7th December, 2 - 4pm. New/part kitchen renovation on the agenda this upcoming summer and new year? This seminar will cover in detail all the factors to consider when renovating your kitchen. Hosted by Romina Roncato, a self-employed full time kitchen designer. Romina has been designing kitchens since 2006 and her work can be found in the Nelson/Marlborough area, the South Island's West Coast, and all over the Wellington Region. This seminar will have a strong focus on the materials used in the kitchen and the information provided will help you make decisions about what will work best for your renovation. You will leave this seminar feeling more confident and prepared to embark on your upcoming renovation project! $20.00 per person or register with a friend and pay $15.00 each. Register by emailing Romina Roncato, Kitchen Design Specialist,firstname.lastname@example.org, www.newkitchenbliss.com.
· ** Funclay Sale ** - If your kids have been to Anna's Funclay classes here at the Centre, you'll know how clever and talented she is at creating the most amazing figures out of Funclay. Here's your chance to get in and buy Anna's pieces for Christmas pressies (they make cute stocking stuffers!) or even grab some Funclay for your own fun over the school holidays! Monday 15th December from 3.30 - 5pm here at CPCC.
EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST
· ** 3D Printing in 2015 ** - I have been organising 3D printing workshops for kids for 2015. But I’d like to know – are there any adults out there who would be interested in learning how to use a 3D printer? Let me know and if there is enough demand, we’ll look at adult classes as well.
· ** English Second Language Classes with Gwendoline Rocton in 2015 ** - The purpose of the classes is to help people learn to speak English at different levels. Everyone is welcome. There will be different types of English available, English for business purposes, general English etc. There will be fun activities including games and role playing where students get to express themselves. Gwen will be using very modern materials, including audios and movies. Students won't learn English only in the classroom, there will be outings where students get to experience learning in a different environment. Fees : $10 an hour for 2 hours. Students are welcome to take the classes for two days a week are recommended to take it for three days for effectiveness. Lessons will be different everyday there will be no time to be bored. One to one classes are available upon request for a different fee. Gwen will be offering a free introductory session on Tuesday 3rd February 7 – 9pm for a chance to meet her to see if these lessons are right for you. For further details, contact Gwen on 021 0845 9053 or email@example.com.
1. A Message from Poornima Ranchod, Playsense: After careful thought I have made a decision to close the Play Sense Early Learning Playgroup at the end of this year. The demands of both full time work and family at this time means that I am unable to give the time and energy I would want to give to the playgroup. I set up the playgroup 2 years ago as a mother, who saw a need in the local community. I wanted to provide a place for parents/carers and children to meet other families as well as offer a variety of stimulating activities for children. I have greatly enjoyed being part of the playgroup and seeing so many children develop and grow. The last playgroup will be Thursday 11th December. If you or anyone you know is interested in taking over the playgroup please contact me. Doreen McKenzie - Ministry of Education will also be available this week, if anyone is interested in more information about running a local playgroup. Warm Wishes, Poornima Ranchhod, M: 0221062233, firstname.lastname@example.org@
2. Zumba Fundraiser for Jolene Butson’ Cochlear Implant – see attached.
3. Hi there my name is Kaelan. I’m 12 years old and ever since I was young I’ve had a great desire to read. I would love to create this desire in others and show them how easy it can be to enjoy reading. Reading is a huge part of our learning experience and encourages better pronunciation and spelling of words as we grow. I was born in England and in England they taught me to read by learning Phonics. That’s learning the sound a letter makes, before learning its name, It helped me to read easily at a very early age. It is also proven that an older peer providing one to one learning with a younger child, rapidly increases their interest and desire to read and learn. I know I’m living proof! I know I could help and encourage other children (aged 3 to 8 years) who want to improve their reading skills. If you are interested please email my mum on email@example.com
4. Khandallah Pool is opening on Saturday 29th November, so get ready to slip, slop and splash at the wonderful outdoor summer pool set in the stunning native bush of Khandallah Park. http://wellington.govt.nz/
FROM NEWLANDS COMMUNITY CENTRE
Christmas Craft Market Friday 5 December, 4- 7pm. We have quite a few stalls confirmed now for our market, selling a range of crafty items including cards and xmas decorations, paper and fabric craft, painted china, jewellery, paintings, Christmas cakes and more! There are still a few spaces left for stallholders for any local people who have crafts or Christmas goodies/edible gifts to come along and have a stall, so contact Pippa at the centre if you are interested. For everyone else, make sure you keep this time free to come along, support local crafts people and get some Christmas shopping done!
FROM TAWA COMMUNITY CENTRE
Tawa Community Centre has a new table tennis group every second Thursday morning from 9.30am-12pm in the hall. Morning tea provided with a $2 donation. Come along and meet some new people and have fun at the same time.
To keep up to date with what’s on at CPCC throughout the week, you can follow us on Facebook (www.facebook.com/
ChurtonParkCommunityCentre). It’s publically available, so you can view it even if you don’t belong to Facebook.
Have a great weekend!
Community Centre Advocate | | Wellington City Council
P 04 830 4802 | E Beckie.Duffy@wcc.govt.nz | W Wellington.govt.nz